Just a quick update about the Leeds Convoy to Calais on Saturday June 18th, which plans to leave early from Leeds that morning . Please see the latest flyer attached – it highlights the campaigning Stand Up to Racism stall we have on Saturday 4 June from 12-5pm at Beeston Festival in Cross Flats Park. We are also having a fundraising meal that evening – Saturday 4 June – at the great Lebanese restaurant – Fairuz restaurant from 7pm – we need to know numbers by 1 June so please get back to us asap to book your place – the fundraising meal is £20 a head but this should raise money for the Leeds Convoy to Calais as well. Please spread the word and come along and help our stall on 4 June!
Other events: Kick racism out of the Referendum!
Thursday 2 June – JUST West Yorkshire debate on the EU and black / minority ethnic perspectives – see leaflet attached and book below
Please see national email below from Stand Up to Racism – includes details about the London Convoy to Calais for reference.
———- Forwarded message ———-
To register a vehicle, make a donation or register to help on the day, visit the Eventbrite page and click ‘GET TICKETS’
Now is the time for solidarity with refugees: why you should be on the Convoy to Calais
- Hundreds more refugees have drowned in the Mediterranean, the British government are refusing to even take parentless children from Calais, and Syrian refugees are being forced back into the jaws of the war they have fled.
- The Convoy to Calais on 18 June will be a huge demonstration of solidarity with refugees from the people of this country. The major unions are in. The biggest social movements are in. The Muslim community is in. Are you?
Here’s what you can do:
- Come on the Convoy. We need every last lorry, van, bus, car, motorbike or scooter that can come to be with us. Let us know you’re coming by registering, and do make a donation to help with the costs. Even if you have to peel off at Dover and cant make it all the way. (Initial itinary below)
- Collect: we need material, and money. Collect in your workplace, union, community, place of worship or just among your friends. Every bit counts. Download the full aproved donation list HERE.
- Even if you haven’t collected anything do come on the Convoy. We need hands to unload and a massive show of solidarity.
ITINERARY (subject to change)
Friday 17th June
- 18:00: Convoy to Calais London Rally Emmanuel Centre
Saturday 18th June
- 08:30: Vehicles Assemble on Whitehall
- 09:30: Convoy to Calais and Supporters Rally, Parliament Square
- 10:00: Convoy departs
- 13:30: Convoy arrives at Dover
- 13:55: Ferry departs / Rally at Dover for those who can’t make it to Calais
- 16:00: Convoy arrives at Camp. Unloading operation begins
- 19:00: Closing Rally at Calais
- 21:00: Convoy Departs
Vehicles will assemble from 8:30am along Whitehall. Make sure you register in advance & get there on time.
PLEASE NOTE: The ticket to Calais INCLUDES a return ticket on the ferry – limited spaces avaliable so please book up asap.
Whatever else you do spread the word:
The flyer is HERE. | The Facebook page is HERE | The International appeal is here inENGLISH, FRENCH, GERMAN and SPANISH.
See you on the road!